I am NOT amused

Tracy wrote:

Ooohh, aaahhhh


AARRGH!


For those you who don't know what you're looking at, this is the backside of the bee-yoo-tiful and complicated quilting in the first picture. There was apparently a thread tension problem. Those bright spots are little and not-so-little loops of the front (and expensive) thread pulled through to the back. This is not good. I'll need to remove all of the stitching and re-do it.

Oh, and sorry if the second picture gives you motion sickness. I really WASN'T shaking with rage (or any other emotion)... though it occurs to me that it's been quite a while since breakfast...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you have ANY idea that you were getting into such an intricate and time-consuming project when up and volunteered this work of art? I am beyond speechless. You two are giving an amazing gift of priceless art to St. Stephen's. I fully intend to photograph it and send the photo(s) to the Diocese expecting that they will do a story in their next publication. Can you tell I am impressed? I mean, this is the first time I have ever even blogged, for heaven's sake. Is there any way I can be of help or support as you get down to the final days? Bring soup? Treat you to a fine dinner? Give you a gift certificate to get your hands waxed? I am very proud of both of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! PD ("properties doyen")

Unknown said...

beautiful